Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:22:22 +0200
From:      Huub Schuurmans <huubsch@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ue0/ue1 flapping

Karl Denninger schreef op 20/08/15 om 20:50:
> Raspberry Pi, FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r285923: Mon Jul 27 22:55:03 CDT 2015
>
> Two interfaces, the on-board and a Lenovo dongle (as ue1); both are
> flapping at an irregular rate.

We have also experienced this flapping with Alix-2d13 boards if two
usb-lan adapters are in use. One adapter is stable, at least on
Freebsd9.0 or older.
On the Alix-board usb-lan adapters do not work at all for FreeBSD
versions more recent than 9.0 (we tested various adapters with different
chips). We don't want to switch to Linux (no problems there as far as I
know/have tested) but will abandon usb-interfaces and install managed
switches.

There is an old bug report about this, but nobody has picked up on it.
Use linux or a managed switch.

Huub