Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2016 23:21:11 +0100
From:      Walter Schwarzenfeld <w.schwarzenfeld@utanet.at>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   category customports

If I make an own port, I had it add to the category/Makefile. But this
could be overwritten with the next update.
If I make an own category I had it add to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
under VALID_CATEGORIES. But this could also overwritten. (If I don't
edit the Makefiles there are error messages from portmaster||,||synth, etc.)
Is it considerable to make general a category customports or overlooked
I something?

It will be more simply, and good for the order in the ports tree. Better
as the own port are spread over the whole ports-tree.

(It only needs to make the category and add it to VALID_CATEGORIES.
Without a category/Makefile, cause a empty Makefile on the server
ports-tree would overwrite the users Makerfile.