Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2016 12:12:35 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAST, zfs and local mirroring

Hi.

On 01.06.16 18:23, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:

> Only FS support changed data bypass FS layer is Files-11 ODS-2 level,
> may be hardware support required.
>
> Can you use ZFS mirror with one vdev local and other vdev by iSCSI?
> Every node using separate ZFS pool in this case.
If you mean that I should distribute the HAST one-disk device via iSCSI
and then use it as a half of zfs mirrored pool on each node, then I
should ask how the pool will decide which half is more recent - local or
iSCSI, after I will import it and the kernel will found that it's vdevs
differs a lot ? And why should I prefere this overcomplicated scheme
over the geom_mirror, which seems rather simple when comparing. Seems
like I can point HAST to /dev/mirror/whatever device, right ?

Thanks.
Eugene.