Date:      Tue, 16 May 2017 16:55:02 +0200
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        tsoome@freebsd.org
Subject:   EFI loader doesn't handle md_preload (md_image) correct?

 Hello,

unfortunately I had some trouble with my preferred MFS-root setups.
It seems EFI loader doesn't handle type md_image correctly.

If I load any md_image with loader invoked by gptboot or gptzfsboot,
'lsmod'
shows "elf kernel", "elf obj module(s)" and "md_image".

Using the same loader.conf, but EFI loader, the md_image-file is
prompted and sems to be loaded, but not registered.  There's no md_image
with 'lsmod', hence it's not astonsihing that kernel doesn't attach md0
so booting fails since there's no rootfs.

Any help highly appreciated, hope Toomas doesn't mind beeing initially CC'd.

Thanks,

-harry