Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:46:53 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help needed by first-timer porter

04.08.2017 12:43, Manish Jain пишет:

> The question is, at this stage, where do I get the default
> stage-definitions file from. If I specify stage-definitions among the
> package's listing, it will go into one of the standard directories,
> which is not what I want.

Please re-read Porter's Handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html

It says a port must install all its files under ${PREFIX} only (/usr/local by default).
There is DATADIR for such shared files (expanded to PREFIX/share/PORTNAME).
You should install it there using INSTALL_DATA macro and use %%DATADIR%% in the pkg-plist,
so it gets to /usr/local/share/mkdesktop/ assuming you name your port "mkdesktop".