Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:58:19 -0500
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Change IPFW default to allow

Michael Sierchio wrote:
> sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept=1
>
> On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a sysctl nib to reset the ipfw default from deny all to allow
>> all? Some thing that works without rebooting the system.

  sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept=1 doesn't work.
unknown oid

I believe that has to go in loader.conf and reboot the system to enable.

MY problem is with ipf on host and ipfw in a vnet jail. Once kldload for
ipfw is completed it now impacts the host by blocking all traffic before
host ipf firewall gets the traffic. Putting pass all rules in vnet jail
ipfw only effects the vnet jail not the host.