Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:31:26 -0800
From:      Manfred Antar <manfredantar@yahoo.com>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        rhurlin@gwdg.de
Subject:   Re: net/boinc-client: make LINUX option a default or Slave port?

> On Jan 17, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler@FreeBSD.org <mailto:ler=
@FreeBSD.org>> wrote:
>=20
> With the imminent demise of astro/boinc-setiathome-v7, I'm wondering if
> the
> community would object to net/boinc-client having its LINUX set as a
> default for the package.   Or a slave port with that option set.
>=20
> I'm planning on taking MAINTAINER of net/boinc-client but would like
> input
> on the above.
>=20
> Thanks!

I=E2=80=99ve been running a freebsd compiled seti version 8 here for months.
I think someone needs to update the port.

i put the precomiled binaries on my website at :

www.pozo.com/seti <http://www.pozo.com/seti>;

this is for current amd64

seti-pkg.tar.bz2     =E2=80=94  precompiled

setiathome.tar.bz  =E2=80=94 the source trees for boinc and seti current  =
=E2=80=94 I will update this in about 20 minutes so wait a bit before downl=
oading

I=E2=80=99ve been using this since last summer and works fine. a linux port=
 would be nice but