Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 2003 11:54:10 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2-BETA issues

I'd like to try 5.2-BETA on my PC64, it was running 5.1-RELEASE, but when I
cvsupped to -CURRENT and followed the build world, buildkernel,
installkernel, reboot steps in /usr/src/UPDATING, I now get a kernel stack
fault:

<loader loads>
FreeBSD/alpha SRM disk boot, Revision
(root@aylee.number6, Sun Nov 30 04:07:30 EST 2003)
Memory 131072 k
\
halted CPU 0

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC = 18110
boot failure

So I thought I would boot from the 5.1-RELEASE floppies (thuis machine
doesn't have a SCSI CDROM), but they do not appear to have a valid boot
block.  I tried several different disks, just in case.

Can I make the floppy bootable with some tool, or is it a problem with the
build?

Will there be floppies built for 5.2-BETA (or 5.2-RELEASE for that matter)?

cheers,
Rob

--
Turn on, log in, fight spam.

This is random quote 1113 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5