Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:45:04 +0300 (EEST)
From:      mihai@duras.ro
To:        "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluesoleil bluetooth problems

On Thu, August 2, 2007 12:58 am, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> try to search for 'ISSCBTA reset'. you will find that someone else was
> having similar problems with the same dongle, i.e.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/2006-December/000818
> .html
>

> i suspect this particular dongle does not react very well to 'reset'
> command or, perhaps, there is an issue related to short usb transfers on
> ehci controllers.
>
> so,
>
> 1) try to comment out 'reset' command in /etc/rc.d/bluetooth (see link
> above)
>
> and/or
>
> 2) try to recompile your kernel without 'device ehci'
>

> thanks, max

I disabled USB 2.0 from Bios.

I've recompiled the kernel without device ehci.

I commented out the reset in /etc/rc.d/bluetooth

I've read about the NetBSD ehci problems and from what I saw their patch
was made after one that was already included in FreeBSD.

I've even upgraded the world to the latest RELENG_6_2.

Now I'm getting:

ubt0: vendor 0x1131 ISSCBTA, rev 1.10/3.73, addr 2
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294
ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
OGF=0x4, OCF=0x9. Timeout
ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15)
ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. TIMEOUT (15)
ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
OGF=0x4, OCF=0x5. Timeout

The only notable difference I see between my current system and the VMWare
one under which the dongle was working is that:
- this system has:

uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq 21 at device
16.0 on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0

- the vmware one had emulated an Intel USB controller

but on the other hand I tried the dongle yesterday on a system with:
<Intel 82801EB (ICH5) USB controller > and the same problems appeared

Is there anything else I might be missing... ?