Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:40:01 +0800
From:      Folkert Saathoff <folkert.saathoff@kitesystems.com>
To:        frank cheong <kwcheong@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Mike Hill <mike.hill@kitesystems.com>
Subject:   Re: /dev/ch0 not recognized

--Apple-Mail-8--534908674

actually we were having a similar experience with the smartarray p212... =
attached a SAS tape changer (tandbergdata lto-4 autoloader) to it, but =
could only see the tape drive, not the changer. in our case, the p212 =
was the second smartarray controller on the bus (ciss1), with a P410 as =
the primary one. i believe there's a bug about that as well. to =
contrast, another machine with an IBM serveraid SAS controller and the =
same tape changer works quite nicely out of the box with FreeBSD 8.0.

please get in touch with me if you're a developer and want to see a =
dmesg or similar.. :)

cheers,
/folkert

On 6 Jul 2010, at 15:04, frank cheong wrote:

> Riding on
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Unix/BSD/FreeBSD/Q_26283427.html as =
well
> as
> =
http://www.pubbs.net/200911/freebsd/20344-ciss4-not-seeing-multiple-luns.h=
tml
> I would like to know if there is any way to manually create/link the
> /dev/ch0 driver for this case.
>=20
> Actually, I have my msl 2024 1760 SAS tape library attaching to my HP =
DL 180
> [...]
>=20
>=20
> 1:
> 2:
> 3:
> 4:
> 5:
> 6:
> 7:
> 8:
> 9:
> 10:
> 11:
> 12:
> 13:
> 14:
> 15:
> 16:
> 17:
>=20
> 18:
> 19:
> 20:
> 21:
> 22:
>=20
> server# ls /dev/
> acd0            da0s1e          led             sa0.2           ttyvb
> acpi            da0s1f          log             sa0.3           ttyvc
>=20
> ata             dcons           mdctl           sa0.ctl         ttyvd
> atkbd0          devctl          mem             stderr          ttyve
> audit           devstat         nfslock         stdin           ttyvf
> bpf             dgdb            nsa0            stdout          ufsid
>=20
> bpf0            esa0            nsa0.0          sysmouse        =
ugen0.1
> bpsm0           esa0.0          nsa0.1          ttyu0           =
ugen1.1
> ciss0           esa0.1          nsa0.2          ttyu0.init      =
ugen2.1
>=20
> ciss1           esa0.2          nsa0.3          ttyu0.lock      =
ugen3.1
> console         esa0.3          null            ttyv0           =
ugen3.2
> consolectl      fd              pass0           ttyv1           =
ugen4.1
>=20
> ctty            fido            pass1           ttyv2           =
ugen5.1
> cuau0           geom.ctl        pci             ttyv3           ukbd0
> cuau0.init      io              psm0            ttyv4           ums0
> cuau0.lock      kbd0            ptmx            ttyv5           =
urandom
>=20
> da0             kbd1            pts             ttyv6           usb
> da0s1           kbd2            random          ttyv7           usbctl
> da0s1a          kbdmux0         sa0             ttyv8           xpt0
> da0s1b          klog            sa0.0           ttyv9           zero
>=20
> da0s1d          kmem            sa0.1           ttyva

--Apple-Mail-8--534908674--