Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:01:53 -0400
From:      Lorraine Chin <lchin@datatekcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FIPS 140-2 for government use

Does anyone know if FreeBSD supports any hardware security module
(cryptoprocessor) certified for FIPS 140-2 or know if there are
future plans to do this?

My company has a product based on FreeBSD that wants to incorporate a
FIPS 140-2 certified cryptoprocessor, required for use in the
government but all the boards on the market are developed and
FIPS-certifed for LInux, Solaris, AIX, etc... just NOT FreeBSD.

Surely, we're not the only FreeBSD users with this particular need?

Lorraine