Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:14:45 +0100
From:      Stuart Fuller <stuart.fuller@bookham.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I should warn you that I'm writing this
on behalf of someone else,
so it may not make 100% sense!!
I play and create on a Mud called newmoon (telnet to eclipse.cs.pdx.edu
7680) which is run on
FreeBSD. My problem is concerned with the port numbering. Basically we can't
actually
configure the mud to a standard port (ie < 23) for numerous reason (most of
which I don't know about!)
So we wondered if there was some way to have a port rerouter of some sort,
ie when we
telnet to the machine on eclipse.cs.pdx.edu 23, it reconnects, locally to
port 7680.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Stuart Fuller
Design Engineer
Bookham Technology Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1235 827228
Email: stuartf@bookham.co.uk

This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must not make
any use of this information, or copy or show it to any person. Please
contact us immediately to tell us that you have received this e-mail,
and return the original to us. Any use, forwarding, printing or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.

No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or services.