Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2006 03:55:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      alter_ego <alter_ego@icmail.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox 2.0 doesn't open downloaded files

Thanks for your reply, the bug is particular to firefox2. I have tried
mozilla 1.7.13 and firefox 1.5.0.7, both work as expected: both are able to
open pdf, doc and ppt files using acroread, kpdf and openoffice.

I also noticed that firefox2 gets killed by java applets. This does not
happen with firefox 1.5.0.7 or mozilla 1.7.13

Firefox2 is failing to init plugins, but firefox1.5.0.7 has no problems with
them at all. I have not changed my plugins links between deinstalling
firefox2, building firefox1.5.0.7, rebuilding firefox2, deinstalling again,
rebuilding again.

I have rebuilt firefix2 with debug and logging, this is the relevant error
trying to open a page containing a java applet:

For application/x-java-vm found plugin
/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/l
ibjavaplugin_oji.so
LoadPlugin() /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
return
ed 92ad7e0
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of "/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java_vm"
fai
led: Invalid argument
<
System error?:: Invalid argument

Here is the output from trying to open a pdf document:

ia@lunix: firefox
Type Manifest File: /home/ia/.mozilla/firefox/tva490ex.default/xpti.dat
*** Registering Apprunner components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
pldhash: for the table at address 0x80b5420, the given entrySize of 44
probably favors chaining over double hashing.
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsChromeRegistry.cpp,
line 1252
GFX: dpi=96 t2p=0.0666667 p2t=15 depth=24
++WEBSHELL == 1
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsPermissionManager.cpp, line 632
++DOMWINDOW == 1
++DOMWINDOW == 2
WARNING: dependent window created without a parent, file nsAppStartup.cpp,
line 455
++WEBSHELL == 2
++DOMWINDOW == 3
++DOMWINDOW == 4
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
Note: styleverifytree is disabled
Note: frameverifytree is disabled
Note: verifyreflow is disabled
--WEBSHELL == 1
++WEBSHELL == 2
++DOMWINDOW == 5
++DOMWINDOW == 6
--DOMWINDOW == 5
--DOMWINDOW == 4
++WEBSHELL == 3
++DOMWINDOW == 5
++DOMWINDOW == 6
++DOMWINDOW == 7
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsStringBundle.cpp,
line 273
--DOMWINDOW == 6
++WEBSHELL == 4
++DOMWINDOW == 7
++DOMWINDOW == 8
--WEBSHELL == 3
++DOMWINDOW == 9
CSS Error
(http://www.google.com.au/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=software+testing+Test+plan+template&meta=&btnG=Google+Search
:21.31): Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'.  Declaration dropped.
--DOMWINDOW == 8
--DOMWINDOW == 7
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
[/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined
symbol "__ctype_b_loc"]
LoadPlugin() /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
returned 0
LoadPlugin() /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
returned 8f10ba0
GetMIMEDescription() returned "application/x-shockwave-flash:swf:Shockwave
Flash;application/futuresplash:spl:FutureSplash Player"
++WEBSHELL == 4
++DOMWINDOW == 8
++DOMWINDOW == 9
WARNING: Using nsIGlobalHistory->nsIGlobalHistory2 adapter., file
nsGlobalHistory2Adapter.cpp, line 137
++WEBSHELL == 5
++DOMWINDOW == 10
++DOMWINDOW == 11
JavaScript error: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/unknownContentType.xul,
line 1: dialog has no properties
JavaScript error: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/unknownContentType.xul,
line 1: dialog has no properties
JavaScript error: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/unknownContentType.xul,
line 1: dialog has no properties
--WEBSHELL == 4

(Gecko:4934): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: expand_macro: assertion `uris !=
NULL' failed

(Gecko:4934): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: expand_macro: assertion `uris !=
NULL' failed

(Gecko:4934): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: expand_macro: assertion `uris !=
NULL' failed
--WEBSHELL == 3
WARNING: requested removal of nonexistent window
, file nsWindowWatcher.cpp, line 1108
--WEBSHELL == 2
--WEBSHELL == 1
nsPluginHostImpl::Observe "xpcom-shutdown"
--DOMWINDOW == 10
--DOMWINDOW == 9
--DOMWINDOW == 8
--DOMWINDOW == 7
--DOMWINDOW == 6
--DOMWINDOW == 5
WARNING: nsExceptionService ignoring thread destruction after shutdown, file
nsExceptionService.cpp, line 191
--DOMWINDOW == 4
nsPluginHostImpl dtor
###!!! ASSERTION: Potential deadlock between Monitor@80acc80 and
Lock@87ed880: 'Error', file nsAutoLock.cpp, line 302
Break: at file nsAutoLock.cpp, line 302
--DOMWINDOW == 3
--DOMWINDOW == 2
--WEBSHELL == 0
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsGlobalHistory.cpp,
line 2611
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(OpenDB())) failed, file
nsGlobalHistory.cpp, line 1260
--DOMWINDOW == 1
--DOMWINDOW == 0
GC Cache:
 hits: 10838  829  304  412   71   64  207   29   29   36
        hits: 12819, misses: 1014, hit percent: 92.669703%
nsStringStats
 => mAllocCount:          21736
 => mReallocCount:         4664
 => mFreeCount:           21734  --  LEAKED 2 !!!
 => mShareCount:          20370
 => mAdoptCount:           2897
 => mAdoptFreeCount:       2795  --  LEAKED 102 !!!