Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:10:05 +0000
From:      "James Seward" <jamesoff@gmail.com>
To:        "Mark Ovens" <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox & thunderbird crash saving a file

On 12/7/06, Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org> wrote:
> This started around the late 1.5.0.x versions and also happens in FF 2.0
>
> When saving a file, e.g. an e-mail attachment, right-click->Save Link
> As... on a webpage, or uploading a file to a web forum, it will work
> once - maybe twice - but on subsequent saves the dialogue opens but the
> cursor stays as 'busy' for ~15 seconds, then FF/TB segfault and crash.

I have also recently experienced this behaviour when doing "Save Image
As..." from the shortcut menu in Firefox.

I did look at the core file but my conclusions were similar to Mark's
- the backtrace was some thousands of frames long and looked
corrupted.

% uname -a
FreeBSD tomo 6.2-RC1 FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 #0: Mon Nov 20 23:48:08 GMT 2006
   root@tomo:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TOMO  i386

I also had this behaviour on 6.2-PRERELEASE.

/JMS