Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:40:33 +0200
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request: LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT

On 17 Nov, 2009, at 09:31 , Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 17/11/09 6:21 PM, Nikolay Denev wrote:
>> I've also thought about that, but I guess one of the issues is that =
this way
>> FreeBSD will by default load CDDL-ed code, which may not be =
desirable.
>> Probably a compromise would be to build two loaders by default, one =
with zfs support and the standard one.
>=20
>=20
> I don't believe this is the issue since FreeBSD already comes with =
zfs.ko and opensolaris.ko already built by default. That is, it includes =
the CDDL code from ZFS itself. The boot loader is a FreeBSD invention =
(although probably built with pieces of code from the ZFS module).
>=20
> Ari Maniatis
>=20
> --=20
> ish
> http://www.ish.com.au
> phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

They are built by default, but not loaded in memory by default. That's =
the difference.

--
Regards,
Nikolay Denev