Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:10:18 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.eu in Europe

At Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:51:43 +0100,
Daniel Lang wrote:
> However, this will be a problem, since you want the
> ftp-master.eu not to host any other services and do not
> provide anonymous access.
>
> We have a box like this in production, but it is a public
> server, and (among others) hosts ftp4.de.freebsd.org
> and cvsup3.de.freebsd.org.
>
> If I understand you correctly, it could not act as
> ftp-master.eu (although it runs FreeBSD).
>
> But if the hardware gets donated, I can hook it up
> to our network (even Gigabit uplink may be possible),
> and take care of it.

Thank you for your offer.  I'm changing my mind from "central
ftp-master in Europe" to "some of regional ftp-master in Europe".

So, if your box can provide prioritied access to lower-tier mirrors,
that's good for me.  Only my concern is when release is rolled out,
many anonymous users will come and mirroring to lower-tier may blocked
and slowed down.

If you think your environment have enough bandwidth and prioritied
access method for lower-tier, please become one of ftp-master.

At this time, I have two offers for this topic (yours in Germany, and
one in Czech).  Then, let's try with them.  We'll have (at least) two
frequently synchronized boxen as:

o ftp-master.cz.FreeBSD.org
o ftp-master.de.FreeBSD.org

If these will work well, announces to this list (hubs@) to use these