Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 09:17:30 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   securing beyond the handbook

I'm about to get a static IP and direct outside access for my BSD box
(before it was hidden behind a firewall/NAT). I was comfortable with
the level of security I've had, but with the whole "open to the
outside world" setup I'll have, what would you suggest for securing
it?

I'll be running:
Apache
PHP
MySQL
SSH/SFTP
OpenRPG (only occasionally, from a special nonpriv account)

Any suggestions, any of these that you know are such huge security
holes that you would absolutely demand something else be run?

Any other security suggestions?

Thanks,
-Jim