Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:02:24 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: one more question, related to java/CLASSPATH

OK, sorry for being a continuous bother on this, but google is
failling me, and I cannot find a reason for this issue. Java will not
run an app, and everything I've read says that "." should be in the
classpath to make it work, so I'm thinking this is a BSD-Java
implementation related issue. Any ideas?

sjss@elrond 11:54:17 (0) ~/dev/java/test > java -classpath . test.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test/java
sjss@elrond 11:54:27 (0) ~/dev/java/test > java -version
java version "1.5.0-p3"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.5.0-p3-root_01_jul_2006_07_53)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-p3-root_01_jul_2006_07_53, mixed mode)
sjss@elrond 11:54:43 (0) ~/dev/java/test > ls
test.class  test.java

I don't know what other info to send. Running 6.1, the specific port
was ports/java/jdk15

Thanks,
-Jim