Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2018 18:27:59 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   setting distinct core file names

Hi,

Looking at core(5) and sysctl it looks like these are system wide
settings....

Is there a possibility that a program can set its own corefile name (and
path?)

During parallel testing I'm running into these scripts that generate
cores, but they end up all in the same location. But it would be nice if
I could one way or another determine which file came from what script.

But for that I would need to be able to set something like
	%N."script".core
as the core name. I could then put that in then ENV of the script and
the program would pick it up and set its own corefile name.

Possible??
--WjW