Date:      26 Feb 1999 00:34:18 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   minimal download for a test install ?

Hi,

I'm a Linux user since 3 years and i want now to test another Unix
flavor.

I plan to build a 3.1-RELEASE from scratch : i've downloaded kern.flp
and mfsroot.flp. Both disks runs the installation process and i've
created 1 slice and 2 partitions in it to host FBSD on my system : one for
swap, one for / (i'll see later a multiple fs configuration).

Now, i need to know what to download to have a _minimal_ FBSD system
running (i'll populate it later). In order to ease this installation
process, i think the best solution is to download the files on my DOS
partition to install them : i've tried the ftp solution but it doesn't
work : i've a dialup connection and all the docs i've read (Handbook,
Faq) are not so verbose on the ppp config during the installation
process :( So i prefer download the files using my Linux Box, put them
in a DOS partition and use them for installation.

So my question : what are the absolute mandatory files/directories to
have a minimal FBSD system ? (be cool with my phone bill ;-)

	Thanks in advance,