Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:52:16 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mot de passe root

Peter N. M. Hansteen writes:

> There's an amazing amount of material that has been localized into quite
> a number of languages. I believe Gnome and KDE are pretty much fully
> localized to most languages you can think of these days.

I was thinking of UNIX itself, not X servers or related products.

I doubt that even Apple has bothered to localize any of the UNIX
software for OS X.  Unless one treats UNIX as a black-box desktop server
(with a localized GUI), it's going to be hard to work with the system
without knowing English.  And if it's ever necessary to go outside the
desktop GUI environment, there again, English is required.

--
Anthony