Date:      Wed, 06 Apr 2016 15:08:36 -0500
From:      Brandon J. Wandersee <brandon.wandersee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simple devd.conf rule has no effect

Hi, folks. I'm trying to get my laptop screen to lock when the lid
closes, using x11/slock. I've created the file /etc/devd/lidlock.conf
with the following rule:

| notify 0 {
|         match   "system"        "ACPI";
|         match   "subsystem"     "Lid";
|         match   "notify"        "0x00";
|         action  "/usr/local/bin/slock";
| };

This is really just a slight variation on the example from the
devd.conf(5) man page. Now when I close the lid, the screen fails to
lock, yet /var/log/messages displays the message "devd: Executing
'slock'". Any advice on what to look into to figure out why the program
is not actually executed? Thanks in advace.

--

::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee@gmail.com