Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:56:14 +0800
From:      darcsis@gmail.com (Denise H. G.)
To:        Harald Servat <redcrash@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Empathy (MSN) unable to connect

On 2010/11/08 at 19:47, Harald Servat <redcrash@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   I find that empathy (latest version available in packages) is not able to
> connect to the MSN network. It reports "Unable to connect". Another user and
> myself have opened a thread about the topic in the freebsd forums but I
> don't know if you take a look at it, this is the reason of this emai.
>
>   Have you find the same issues in empathy? Do you have any idea on how to
> fix them?
>
> Thank you very much.

Hello,

  Same problem here. I've googled the problem and found it perhaps is
  not FreeBSD specific. Many empathy users on Linux platforms have
  reported similar problems. And my solution is to use net-im/emesene
  for MSN messaging ... though it may not be a perfect one...

  It seems this has something to do Empathy dealing with MSN protocol.
  It uses a Python library to do the job (the same one Pidgin uses for
  MSN) but unfortunately the library does not agree with empathy in one
  way or another...

--
If you have watched a TV series only once, and you watch
it again, it will be a rerun of the same episode.