Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:45:49 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request for enhancment: portupgrade

At Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:08:04 -0600,
Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> when doing portupgrade one doesn't see which port is actually being
> built, this is epecially odd when doing portupgrade -a.

Answer 1: Specify -v/--verbose from each command line, in the
PORTUPGRADE environment variable, or in your own pkgtools.conf.

Answer 2: Maybe I should make portupgrade more verbose even if -v
isn't given.  Let me think about it.

> portupgrade blocks ^Z (suspend) or at least seems to.

Yes, this is a known issue.  Do you know if or how I can keep
script(1) from blocking SUSP?  I haven't figured it out yet..

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Somewhere out of a memory.. of lighted streets on quiet nights.."