Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:38:37 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        lodea@vet.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: net/openldap: adding a startup script

At Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:23:58 +1100,
Lachlan O'Dea <lodea@vet.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 06:22:53AM +0900, Akinori -Aki- MUSHA wrote:
> > Would you mind if I apply the following patch to your net/openldap
> > port?  With this change, slapd.sh.sample is installed in
> > ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d/ and users can enable it by renaming to slapd.sh.
>
> That would be very nice.

Okay, I'll apply it soon. :)

By the way, for some reason slapd didn't work when invoked from inetd.
It just closes the connection everytime a client connects to.

Is there anything wrong in the following entry?

ldap	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/local/libexec/slapd	slapd -i

> > By the way, do you have a plan to make an OpenLDAP 2.x port?
>
> I'm about to build 2.0.4. Hopefully I'll be able to update the port
> soon. Do you think we should have an openldap2 port and maintain the
> 1.1.x port for a while, or just replace the current port?

Well, given that 1.2.11 is still considered the (most) stable version,
I'd suggest that we keep 1.x for a while.

When you update the port to 2.0.x, please submit the diff from the
current net/openldap port.  I'll (ask Asami-san to) copy the CVS
repository from net/openldap to net/openldap2, then apply the diff to
net/openldap2.

Thanks in advance.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"