Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:52:59 -0300
From:      "Alexandre Biancalana" <biancalana@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backup Large FileServer

Hi list,

  I've to backup a large window$ 2003 FileServer (~800GB) from my new
FreeBSD BackupServer (before I can change this fileserver to FreeBSD).

  I'm trying cygwin+rsync on FileServer side and rsync+hardlinks on
BackupServer side.

  Using rsync the two great advantages are:
     1. Only copy the changes
     2. on the BackupServer side I use hardlinks from the older backups,
with this only space consumed is from file that where changed.

  on the bad side:
     1. Problems with long pathnames
     2. Problems with unicode filenames
     3. Very slow copy ~ 2MB/s (I've doubt if this can be improved using any
other copy method)

  I want hear some ideas from the list about the options available to
accomplish this job.

 Best Regards,
Alexandre Biancalana