Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 17:01:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Smith <andy.smith@reuters.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FWD: FreeBSD 2.1 and Syquest EZ135

From: Andy Smith <ai_smith%AM%REOA@mr.rit.reuters.com>
Subject: FreeBSD 2.1 and Syquest EZ135
To: questions%freebsd.org@mr.rit.reuters.com

Can you please help with the following.

I have a SyQuest EZ135 135Mb IDE drive on a pentium PC. Even though
the system is configured correctly for this drive, with the right
number of C,H,S for 135Mb, FreeBSD reports it as a 270Mb drive and
doubles the number of cylinders. When configuring the system, I
manually changed the drive characteristics, but it still insisted that
it was a 270Mb drive.

I formatted the initial cartridge to 130Mb for /mnt and 140Mb for a
swap partition, and then do not mount the swap partition. This works
but is not a solution.

How can I format new cartridges to 130Mb. Do you have any ideas of
newfs/format commands that I might try??

Thanks

Andy