Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 95 17:21:02 EST
From:      jeffa@sybase.com (Jeff Anuszczyk)
To:        mikepery@mcs.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Congradulations on A good job with the DOC's

Hi Mike,
   First, let me congratulate you on your intense understanding on human
nature.  I'm sure all of the core team is just jumping at the chance to
respond to such thoughtful, well formed questions.  On behalf of the rest
of the FreeBSD community, please don't hold any other questions or opinions
to yourself.

   Now, if you would be so kind as to explain what method you are using
to install FreeBSD.  Did you buy the 2.0R CD-rom from Walnut-Creek?  Did
you download the kits from ftp.freebsd.org?  If you provide this type
of information you might find quicker responses.  A description of loading
methods can be found in the FreeBSD/FAQ/RELNOTES.FreeBSD document on
ftp.freebsd.org.

   Lastly, to install FreeBSD from CD-ROM, it's as simple as booting
MS-DOS (yea, a little bit of pain) from floppy and running the
program "GO" that exists at the top level directory of the CD-ROM.

- Jeff

P.S. - I do hope that you understand that all of the core team does this
   for FREE!  Unless they are independently wealthy they also hold down
   regular jobs.  They should be applauded for doing such a great job!
   Not chided for something that *you* perceive as lacking.  Please try
   to remember that when you ask for help... otherwise people will just
   ignore you... and rightfully so.