Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:55:24 -0500
From:      "Eric Toll" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Nice Renice Verynice

Greetings all, I'm on 4.7 release (patched)

I saw a program Verynice (http://tam.cornell.edu/~sdh4/verynice/) which
is is a tool for dynamically adjusting the nice-level of processes under
UNIX-like operating systems.

I was wondering if there was a better way to go about making all
processes that a partuclar user runs altered to say -15 value.  (Greater
Priority) I can do a "renice -15 -u username" which works fine for
current running processes, but when one process ends and another process
is started under that same username the nice level reverts to back to
default (0).

My Question:  How do I permanemtly alter the priority for everything a
particular user runs?
Should I just schedule a cron job for every 60 seconds that renices the
user that I want?

Thanks much,

Eric