Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:12:14 +0300
From:      Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq@gmail.com>
To:        utisoft@gmail.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/local empty after upgrade

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com> wrote:

> You sure you didn't have /usr on a different partition and forget to tell
> sysinstall?

100% sure... I have tried to rebuild world but I still end up with an empty
/usr/local.. Prior to upgrading from 8.0-RELEASE, the directory has the
usual files and directories, but after the upgrade, its empty. Good thing is
that I had not installed any ports.

I'd like to avoid a reinstall, which is why I was wondering if there is a
way I can get this directory back with its files and directories.