Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:18:41 -0600
From:      Larry Vaden <vaden@texoma.net>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does anyone have a recommendation for a solid FreeBSD-based 802.11b/g/n AP package for MIPS-based APs and CPEs?

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 23 November 2010 17:09, Larry Vaden <vaden@texoma.net> wrote:
>
>>> Ask me about the Bullet M2 in a couple weeks. I'll have finished my exams
>>> then and I'll see if I can bring up FreeBSD on this particular SoC.
>>>
>>> Adrian
>>
>> Adrian,
>>
>> How are the exams going?
>
> They're done! So I'm working on tidying up my 11n TX code. (Yes, I
> have 11n TX seemingly working.)
>
> Adrian

Adrian, the reason for my original post (seeking to return to the BSD
environs) is that we are seeing gross quantities of stuck beacons in
dmesg on the Ubiquiti M series and have recently noted perps diagnosed
by the UBTik (a MikroTik in a housing form fit and function compatible
with the Rocket M2) trying to associate with _WDS requested_ resulting
in latencies of 10x-20x normal latency.  We don't run WDS on our 2.4
GHz APs.  We only run WDS on Ubiquiti M5 series in PTP because that's
the way they produce a transparent Layer 2 bridge.

Is the amount of time spent processing such a request, combined with
logging and a busy channel, perhaps enough to effectively cause a
denial of service?

kind regards/ldv

p.s.:

I refer implicitly to Sam Leffler's comments last year about the
likely sources of stuck beacons.