Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:38:37 -0700
From:      "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
To:        "M.S. Motanu" <miauris@gmail.com>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Multipath routing - failover version

	Hi,

	I recently incorporated multipath support into -CURRENT,
	for the upcoming 8.0.  This patch originated from the KAME
	project and builds on the existing routing data structures
	and infrastructure. As a result I did not have to
	modify the userland programs, however, I think netstat
	can use some tweaking in its output.=20

	I am in the process of incorporating additional functionalities
	such as allowing for preference setting, and performing active=20
	health-check on the gateways and updating the routes
accordingly.

>=20
> Switching between different paths is done by the kernel based=20
> on the link state of the interface associated with the=20
> gateway. This way when can achieve a level of redundancy at=20
> the link level (this is not a routing protocol!).
>=20

	Hmm... in the current code if_unroute() would remove
	the interface route when the interface is down.

	-- Qing