Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 03:37:24 -0800
From:      "Lee Mx" <lee_ver_mx@hotmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade core dumps with a ruby in malloc(): error: allocation failed

When I execute portupgrade on current I get the following:

# portupgrade -Rruiap
--->  Session started at: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:26:44 -0600
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 296 packages
found (-7 +7) (...)ruby in malloc(): error: allocation failed
Abort (core dumped)

I had a similar problem with gaim-0.75 and it was fixed with a suggestion
from current ml to create a link to malloc.conf

ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf

This was happening before the link so it isn't caused by it but the link
didn't help with rubyr.  Is anyone else seeing this on 5.2 and/or current.
Do any of the ports folks have a suggestion as to a fix although it doesn't
really seem to be a port problem directly.

Thanks,

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com