Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:18:04 +0100
From:      "Steve Hodgson" <steve@acidy.com>
To:        <elcoocooi@earthlink.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: portupgrade, portsdb -U failing, ruby dumping core

>=20
> I hate to add a "me too," but, well, me too.  I'm running
> 5.2.1-RELEASE, not
> running portindex, and didn't have trouble until the instructions
> from /usr/ports/UPDATING.  Haven't tried to move and re-cvsup
> /usr/ports. Anyone else have success via this route?
>=20
> Evan

Nope, didn't work for me

I've deinstalled kde,gnome,ruby and portupgrade (and now reinstalled =
them).
I've removed the ports tree and that didn't work. Given that it appears =
be a problem in the ports tree (someone [sorry, I've deleted the email] =
said
they have narrowed it down), I was planning on leaving it for now and =
just
cvsupping regularly.

Not much help I guess

Steve