Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:08:36 +0000
From:      Faizan ul haq Muhammad <faizi62@hotmail.com>
To:        <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net, fbsd1@a1poweruser.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bridging-(How to test and verify that bridging is enabled)

=20

> Date: Mon=2C 2 Mar 2009 15:28:10 +0700
> From: on@cs.ait.ac.th
> To: faizi62@hotmail.com
> CC: fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net=3B freebsd-questions@freebsd.org=
=3B fbsd1@a1poweruser.com
> Subject: Re: Bridging-(How to test and verify that bridging is enabled)
>=20
> Hi=2C
>=20
> > I connected two linux PCs with these two interfaces (sk0 and sk1)
> > and tried to ping between them but didnt get any
> > success.configuration seems to be ok=2C but still no traffice is being
> > passed. Can any one give any sugestion ?
>=20
> Stupid question

Yess it is

=2C but if you connect the 2 Linux boxes directly
> (without the FreeBSD bridge in between) can they ping eachother?

Yes they can
>=20
> Are you using properly crossed cables?

Isnt it enough check for the  that two linux can ping each other..
>=20
> On the FreeBSD box=2C you can tcpdump(8) and see the packets moving:
> tcpdump -i sk0 and tcpdump -i sk1 and you will see the pick request
> and ping echo packets.
>=20

it says arp: who has 192.168.0.4 tell 192.168.0.5
> Olivier

Hotmail=AE is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.=20
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_70faster_03200=
9=