Date:      Mon, 6 May 2019 02:08:34 +0000
From:      James Shuriff <james@opentech.cc>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Compiling u-boot-rpi3 on an rpi3

Try building it directly from the repo. This is how I build for rpi3:

Clone the git repo https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot

In configs/rpi_3_defconfig:
* Change CONFIG_OF_EMBED=3Dy to CONFIG_OF_EMBED =3Dn
* Add CONFIG_OF_BOARD=3Dy
* Change CONFIG_ENV_FAT_DEVICE_AND_PART=3D"0:1" to CONFIG_ENV_FAT_DEVICE_AN=
D_PART=3D"1:1"

Make sure you have the aarch64-none-elf-gcc package.

Use these commands to build:
gmake CROSS_COMPILE=3Daarch64-none-elf- rpi_3_defconfig
gmake CROSS_COMPILE=3Daarch64-none-elf- u-boot.bin

- James Shuriff