Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:40:57 +0200
From:      Christoph Roland Murauer <christoph_murauer@yahoo.de>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD on Cubieboard 2, UDOO and Galaxy Note 10.1 (Exynos).

Hello !

I am new to FreeBSD - so, sorry if I ask something which others already aske=
d.

At the moment I use a iPad and the personal hotspot function (tethering) on i=
t to provide internet access to my Mac Book Pro. The connection is done by t=
he USB cord (also to charge the battery).=20

My question is now, is it possible to run FreeBSD on a Cubieboard 2 (http://=
cubieboard.org/2013/06/19/cubieboard2-is-here/) or the comming UDOO board (h=
ttp://shop.udoo.org/pre-order/udoo-quad.html) to have a gateway / firewall o=
n this device and between the other 2 devices ?

I don't want to run a full system (including GUI) on it - ok, if it works wh=
y not. I look for a solution to connect the iPad over USB on the one side an=
d the Mac Book Pro over Ethernet on the other side to share a 3G internet co=
nnection. It is no solution to install a dual boot system on my Mac Book Pro=
 and also not to use WIFI instead of the USB cord.

My second question is, is there developing planned for the new / comming Gal=
axy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with the Exynos 5420 ?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

C. M.