Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:38:09 -0700
From:      Jason Nordwick <jnordwick@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sysinstall cannot find snapshot releases

I'm a previous FreeBSD user that used to track current and returning
after a few years. If my memory is correct, the definition of -stable,
-release, and -current seems to have changed? (but my memory sucks so
excuse me if I'm wrong).

Can you no longer track -release, but instead -stable is actually more
advanced at times (more bug fixes and backports)?

So I guess I would like to use -current or -stable and occasionally
cvsup the tree. I tried downloading the 200902 current and stable
snapshots, and sysinstall keeps telling me the Main site doesn't have
them, so I tried 200812 current and that doesn't work either. Is there
an FTP problem this morning?

-j