Date:      Thu, 15 May 2008 10:45:26 +1200
From:      "Mark Pagulayan" <m.pagulayan@auckland.ac.nz>
To:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD PF 4.1 Inserts Flags S/SA Automatically to rules

Hi Guys,=20

=20

OS: FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE=20

=20

Please correct me if I am wrong that PF 4.1 in FreeBSD 7.0 automatically
inserts 'Flags S/SA' to rules?=20

=20

The problem is that when it comes to this rule:=20

=20

pass in quick on $int_if

=20

after loading to pf

=20

pass in quick on em0 flags S/SA keep state

=20

The way I see this is that this rule would be applied to udp traffic as
well which will be dropped/blocked because flags only work for tcp and
this might be the cause of state-mismatches that I see in the table - =20

state-mismatch                  11577272           48.7/s

=20

=20

 How can we prevent pf from loading the flags S/SA in the rules
automatically?

=20

Also what is the effect of this on the block rule?

=20

'block in log on $ext_if all'

'block return out log on $ext_if all'

=20