Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:14:21 +0300
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r316677:EFI boot failure: Can't load kernel

> On 10. apr 2017, at 15:58, Hartmann, O. <ohartmann@walstatt.org> =
wrote:
>=20
> After today's update to r316677, some UEFI boxes (Fujitsu Celsius M740
> XEON) reject to boot properly. They die immediately after
>=20
> [...]
> \
> can't load 'kernel'
>=20
>=20
> I had to investigate with an USB flashdrive the filesystem, but
> everything seems to be properly in place and installed.
>=20
> I need advice how to revive the system after this.
>=20

hm, this implies that r316676 was ok? If so, the only logical conclusion =
is that it hast to do about the kernel size and if there is enough space =
in UEFI memory to place the kernel.

You can fetch the current memory map from loader OK prompt with memmap =
command, I hope this will help to identify the issue.

rgds,
toomas