Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:55:25 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Garc=EDa_Juanino?= <jjuanino@gmail.com>
Cc:        dinoex@freebsd.org, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kBuild and opera will not install in 10.0: lang/gcc46 conflicts with lang/gcc

Am 22.12.2013 12:13 schrieb "Jos=E9 Garc=EDa Juanino" <jjuanino@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have running a recent FreeBSD 10.0-RC2, and I get the following
scenario:

> www/opera depends on lang/gcc46
> devel/kBuild depends on lang/gcc
>
> But both gcc46 and gcc are incompatible, so I cannot install opera and
> kBuild. However, lang/gcc and lang/gcc46 install the same versi=F3n compi=
ler
> 4.6.4. Any idea to fix this conflict? I am using  pkgng to install the
> ports.

kBuild is using USE_GCC=3Dyes which uses lang/gcc right now in version 4.6.

Opera has a strict dependency on on FreeBSD 10 for gcc4.6 because of
libstdc++.so.6.

RUN_DEPENDS+=3D   ${LOCALBASE}/lib/gcc46/libstdc++.so.6:${PORTSDIR}/lang/gc=
c46

I am not sure if opera really needs to be that strict on which libstdc++ it
uses since it also seems to be happy with libstdc++ from gcc 4.2 on FreeBSD
9.

I've cc'd the opera maintainer so let's see what he thinks.