Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2020 23:08:30 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   (very OT) Ideal partition schemes (history of partitioning)

When installing another OS then FreeBSD (won't state which one to avoid
flame wars) I noticed it's default partitioning scheme breaks the main (and
only) drive on the system down into 50 GB chunks (in my case / and /home)
by default (I over road to FreeBSD's default of one big partition for the
whole drive [minus swap]).

I was wondering what people think of different generalized partitioning
schemes? (there is no right answer here but I might question your comments)

Also why are partitioned need at all? (both currently and historically)