Date:      Fri, 8 May 2015 18:40:12 +0530
From:      Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to login to FreeBSD + xorg + xdm system

Hello!

I am using FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. Today I installed x11/xorg and also
x11/xdm and them made changes to /etc/ttys as instructed in the
Handbook (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-xdm.html#idp63498576)

But now I am unable to login in the system. When I boot the system a
big rectangle (xdm) pops up as a login screen and when I enter my
credentials (username and password) it simply returns back (like the
box got refreshed) and again asks for the credentials.

No matter how many time I provide the credentials it simply pops up
again and again.

I tried with normal user account as well as root account.

And now I am not able to login in the system at all. Please help.

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune