Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:49:08 -0400
From:      Boris <borisbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridge interface IP connectivity issue when using oce interface

Hi all,

I have two environments.

Environment A:
Server running fresh install of 11.1-RELEASE with bge physical NIC.
If I just configure a bridge interface, add a physical NIC which has
working connectivity, say bge3, and add an IP address on the bridge
interface in the same subnet as bge3, I can ping that IP from any host on
the LAN.

Environment B:
Server running fresh install of 11.1-RELEASE with oce physical NIC.
If I just configure a bridge interface, add a physical NIC which has
working connectivity, say oce3, and add an IP address on the bridge
interface in the same subnet as oce3, I CANNOT ping that IP from anywhere
on the LAN.

I need the bridge as I would like to have bhyve VM's connected through that
bridge to the outside - plain bridged networking, no NAT or anything else.
Unfortunately, the VM does not have any connectivity to the outside. What
is weird is that I see the ARP entries in the VM for its gateway, I see the
MAC addresses in the bridge for the VM and the gateway, but no IP
connectivity seems to work - ping fails.
I disabled TX checksum and other things using 'ifconfig oce3 -txcsum -lro
-tso' to avoid messages around capabilities issues when adding a tap
interface which does not have the same features as the physical interface.
So far, I have not been able to get IP connectivity to the VM.

In terms of documentation, I have used the handbook to create the VM:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html

I have used the handbook to create the bridge:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-bridging.html

Under 30.6.1, it says, I should be able to configure the bridge with an IP
address which seems to fail when the 'oce' interface is used.

Would anybody have any pointer at what to do next to help identify the
issue?

Thanks !