Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:26:31 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD is very slow when Memory chip sizes are imbalanced in slots

Dear All ,

Previously , in the following message , I have mentioned effect of memory
chip placement on execution speed :

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2012-February/031836.html
Effect of Processor and Memory on KDE4 execution
speed<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2012-February/031836.html>;

The above thread did not produce any usable result .

The problem is persisting over 9.1 and 10.0 current .

My opinion is that , it is NOT related to KDE only .

After X is started , any desktop is behaving very slowly .
This is also visible in PC-BSD and GhostBSD .

I am reading about very much slowness in some messages , which I suspect
that , their problem may also be caused such an imbalanced memory chip
placement .

This problem is making FreeBSD unusable in such computers .

The Linux distributions are NOT exhibiting such a slow behavior , and also
Windows 7 is NOT affected .

It seems that , in some memory management part of FreeBSD is badly affected
such an imbalanced memory chip size placement .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk