Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:27:24 -0700
From:      LuKreme <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:03 , Janky Jay, III <jankyj@unfs.us> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> 	I've ran into a few of these same sort of issues in the paste.
>=20
> What I did to fix it:
>=20
> 1) Migrate to pkgng. It looks like you already have based on the =
ports-mgmt/pkg udpate. But, then I see your "pkg_install" error which =
leads me to believe you haven't fully migrated. Just take a quick peek =
athttp://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html and maybe try it =
again.

I have tried several times. I thought I had changed successfully under =
8.2, but evidently not. I can't get it to compile now, and postmaster =
doesn't see it.

 # portmaster -l | grep pkg=20
pkg: not found
=3D=3D=3D>>> pkgconf-0.9.3

> 2) Manually deinstall the problematic port. IE...:
>=20
> # cd /usr/ports/graphics/py-clutter && make deinstall

The directory does not exist. Portmaster does not see the port as being =
installed. It seems to me that it is listed as a dependency by something =
else.

# portmaster -l | grep clutt
pkg: not found
=3D=3D=3D>>> clutter-1.0.10_2
=3D=3D=3D>>> clutter-gtk-0.10.2_5
=3D=3D=3D>>> py26-clutter-1.0.0_2
=3D=3D=3D>>> py26-cluttergtk-0.9.3_2
=3D=3D=3D>>> clutter-cairo-0.8.2_1

I suppose I can delete py26-clutter (or heck, all of them).

--=20
It's Tchaikovsky's 'Another One Bites the Dust'," said Crowley, closing
his eyes as they went through Slough.