Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 2015 14:58:15 +0200
From:      Alexandre Labarre <alexandre_ml@outlook.fr>
To:        francesco scaglione <scaglione.francesco@neuf.fr>
Subject:   RE: Upgrading libvpx demands bash

> Date: Tue=2C 2 Jun 2015 13:35:23 +0200
> From: scaglione.francesco@neuf.fr
> To: alexandre_ml@outlook.fr
> Subject: Re: Upgrading libvpx demands bash
>=20
> ---
> On Tue=2C 2 Jun 2015 13:23:22 +0200
> Alexandre Labarre <alexandre_ml@outlook.fr> wrote:
>=20
> > > Date: Tue=2C 2 Jun 2015 12:17:40 +0200
> > > From: scaglione.francesco@neuf.fr
> > > To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> > > Subject: Upgrading libvpx demands bash
> > >=20
> > > After a portmaster -L I see that I need to upgrade libvpx=2C but now
> > > that brings in bash:
> > >=20
> > > # portmaster libvpx
> > >=20
> > > =3D=3D=3D>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to pro=
ceed:
> > > 	Upgrade libvpx-1.3.0 to libvpx-1.3.0_1
> > > 	Install shells/bash
> > >=20
> > > I'm using a very small server (FreeBSD 8.4=2C amd64) and I would like
> > > to avoid adding the bash port=2C if possible.
> > >=20
> > > But maybe I cannot avoid it=2C can I?
> > >=20
> > > Thanks=2C
> > > Francesco
> >=20
> > Hi Francesco=2C
>=20
> Hi Alexandre=2C
>=20
> thanks for your reply.
>=20
> > shells/bash is required as buid dependencies for libvpx.
>=20
> But it was not the case before=2C since I had libvpx installed but not
> bash.
>=20
> > But why not use PKG (NG) to just install pre-compiled package?
>=20
> Do you mean that using packages instead of ports I wouldn't need
> bash?
>=20
> I like to use ports because I can keep the server up-to-date very
> quickly=2C whereas it's not yet clear to me how often the packages are
> updated. I'm thinking about basic stuff as php5 and nginx=2C for
> example=2C that should always be in the most recent version for security
> reasons.
>=20
> Take care=2C
> Francesco

Francesco=2C

shell/bash is marked as required for build libvpx. I checked here http://ww=
w.freshports.org/multimedia/libvpx/
But it do not seems to be required to run.

Packages are built once per week for the moment (every Wednesday if I remem=
ber well). This may change in the future.=20
If you have others servers=2C you can build you own environment build packa=
ges with Poudriere https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-poudriere.htm=

Kind regards.
Alexandre
 		 	   		  =