Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:19:43 -0700
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How "safe" is 5.2 to use?

On Jan 13, 2004, at 4:45 AM, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> You have to use FreeBSD 4.9, because you can see in freebsd web page
> prodcution version is 4.9. and please test it maybe you will see you
> can not
> install 5.2 on your hardware because when I try to install 5.1 on my
> intel
> platform I faced a problem then now I'm using 4.9 . Everybody will say
> that
> wait until more tested version and now its 4.9

Which begs the question.  Will FBSD 5 ever be deemed worthy for
production use?  Over the last year it was said in this list:  5.1 is
still a testing version not recommended for production, but 5.2 will be
better suited for production.

I intend to transition a less used production server from 4.7 to 5.2
sometime in the next month, and we'll see how it goes.    There are
certain things I would like from 5...

Chad