Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2001 16:54:31 +0000
From:      "D. P. Kreil" <kreild@hotmail.com>
To:        mupi@mknet.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xf86cfg dies - any remedies?

Dear Mike,

>you're running bash? <(}:
<grin> so what does a proper sysamin use as their shell? :)

>Seriously though...xf86cfg by default want to open ~/Xf86Config
oh...

>You might try specifiying a -xf86config option
>pointing to /etc/X11.
I tried that, too: It proceeds a little, and then dumps core after the
following messages:
Module ABI versions:
        XFree86 ANSI C Emulation: 0.1
        XFree86 Video Driver: 0.4
        XFree86 XInput driver : 0.2
        XFree86 Server Extension : 0.1
        XFree86 Font Renderer : 0.2
Loader running on freebsd
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

>I couldn't get xf86cfg to run at all
Aha, so it's not just me :)

The reason I would have liked to run it is that I still have not managed to
adjust mouse sensitivity. The option "Resolution" "nnn" seems to be pretty
much ignored in my setup (Logitech 3-button PS/2 mouse on moused as
/dev/sysmouse).

Many thanks,
David.