Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:51:03 +0200
From:      Christoph Roland Murauer <christoph_murauer@yahoo.de>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Cubieboard 2, UDOO and Galaxy Note 10.1 (Exynos).

Thanks for your answers !

Am 11.09.2013 um 04:35 schrieb Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>:

>>> or the comming UDOO board (http://shop.udoo.org/pre-order/udoo-quad.html=
)
>>> to have a gateway / firewall on this device and between the other 2 devi=
ces
>>> ?
>>=20
>> UDOO seems to have i.MX6 SoC which support is not in src tree yet, althou=
gh
>> ian@ is working on it iirc.
>=20
> I have a single-core i.mx6 (wandboard) booting to multiuser mode with
> sdcard and ethernet drivers working.  I don't have usb going yet, but
> someone else has it working on a quad-core, so that's more done than
> not.  If we weren't in a code freeze I'd be thinking about getting this
> bare-bones support checked in so others can hack on it too.
>=20
> -- Ian

I am not a developer / programmer (maybe planned to learn some C) but what d=
o you mean with =E2=80=9Ecode freeze" ? What could be done to get some progr=
ess at this topic ?

>>> My second question is, is there developing planned for the new / comming=

>>> Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with the Exynos 5420
>>=20
>>=20
>> As for Exynos, iirc we have basic support of Exynos 5250 (arndale board),=
>> don't know how that is different than 5420.
>> But please note that if I'm correct we don't have FreeBSD with graphics
>> running yet on any tablet.
>>=20
>> Correct me if I'm wrong here.
>>=20
>> Ganbold

The product is not out now but sounds interesting. When is it expected to ha=
ve FreeBSD with graphics on a tablet (if ever - same question as above, what=
 could be done) ? The graphic part is not the topic for now ... I do at the m=
oment many XeLaTeX and Haskell / Hakyll stuff in the terminal with Vim ... t=
he other things could be done on a second machine.

Regards,

C. M.